Today marked the culmination of another year of shuffleboard play at Clark Lake. Participants gather on Thursday nights at the Beach Bar where the group enjoys the longboard camaraderie and aims their competitive focus towards this day in March—Super Saturday. This competition has become a Clark Lake tradition with lasting power. It’s been going on for over 25-years. Practice, skill and strategy are required. Make no mistake. Along with the fun is a desire to take home prizes.
The winning team in this year’s playoff? The new League Champions are Tucker Boyers and Jerry Dobbs.
Tucker also received another accolade–the Tom Collins Most Valuable Player award.
Here’s a rundown of the results of today’s playoffs.
- Second place – Kelly Kutyna and Scott Walker
- Third place – Brad Beyer and B.J. Lyons
- Fourth place – Mike Bullinger and Tim Claucherty
- Fifth place – Dennis Wenzlick and Kirk Green
- Sixth place – John Menard and Tom Nelson
- Seventh place – Dan Rothfuss and Marv Walczak
- Eighth place – T.J. Klein and Eric Nichols
- Ninth place – Joe Collins and Bill Vinson
- Tenth place – Todd Kennedy and Walt Shuberg
T.J. Klein is the league commissioner and tracks statistics through the season. For a look at the final regular season standings, please scroll down. Thanks to Joe Collins and B.J. Lyons for making coverage possible today, including these photos.