These are the people who bring you Raft-O-Rama.
Raft-O-Rama 2021 is fact approaching–Sunday, August 8th. The theme, the 1960s, definitely takes you back in time. Why 1960’s? This year celebrates the 60th running of this annual event. At their recent meeting, Raft-O-Rama revealed some fun facts that could also be useful.
Plenty of cardboard is available to take your teams vision and turn it into an award winner. Starting July 18th, pick up cardboard stored in Dan Omo’s pole barn at 96 Hyde Road.
The parade of rafts form at 10 am at the west end of the lake and will follow the entire shoreline in a counter-clockwise direction. The flotilla begins to move at 10:30 am.
Be sure to wave as your entry passes the Eagle Point Marina gas dock. This website will be taking photos of smiling faces. Those photos will be used for voting the People’s Choice winner and posted forever on this website. So, when you see the camera, don’t hold back.
Massive fun awaits you at Eagle Point once the parade concludes. How to get there? Raft-O-Rama will have a shuttle making stops around the lake between 1 pm and 5 pm to bring you to the Point or take you home. Please note: parking space at the Point is limited. This mode of transportation will make it easier to attend.
The shuttle route:
- Starting/Stop: Clark Lake School (North Lake Road)
- Stop: D Lane, then proceed on N. Lake Rd. to Hyde Rd.,
- Stop: Clark Lake Community Church
- Stop: Doyle’s Market, then proceed to Jefferson Road and Sandy Beach
- Stop: Curve on Sandy Beach
- Stop: Lakeview Drive West and Sandy Beach
- Stop: Eagle Point Marina at Cottage Grove, then continue on Hayes Drive to Jefferson Road, then left on Ocean Beach
- Stop: across from Muggsy’s Lakeside Market,
- Stop: Beach Bar Docks, then follow North Lake Road and turn left on Grand Boulevard
- Stop: Clark Lake Beach and Boat Club, then proceed and turn right on York Drive to North Lake Road to Pleasant View
- Stop: North Lake Road and Pleasant View, then proceed on Pleasant and turn right on North Shore Drive
- Stop: Pleasant View and North Shore Drive, then on to Kentucky Avenue and proceeding west on North Shore
- Stop: North Shore and F Lane, then turn right on F Lane to North Lake to the Clark Lake School where the route starts over
Enjoy these attractions at Eagle Point from 11 am to 5 pm:
Clark Lake Lions Club Chicken Dinners starting at 11 am. Nine-hundred chicken dinners, each accompanied by coleslaw, ear of corn, roll, and brownie for a $10 donation.
Blackstone Steel will perform, including hits of the 1960’s in celebration of Raft-O-Rama’s 60th year.
An exciting raffle with these prizes–boat storage at Eagle Point (courtesy of Eagle Point Marina), two kayaks (courtesy of the Boyers’ and Fink’s), and a leather lounge chair valued at $2,900 from Vermeulen’s Furniture. First prize winners receives first choice of the prizes, second place winner gets the next choice, and so on.
Cool silent auction items. Do you have an item you would like to donate? Contact Christy Runyan at 740-9389.
Vote for the People’s Choice award.
Award ceremony for Raft-O-Rama Entries
Announcement of the Spirit of Clark Lake Award
Raft-O-Rama merchandise reflects the 1960s theme. So, tie dyed T-shirts are in the spotlight at Doyle’s Market. Still to arrive are hats and koozies.
Do you remember Raft-O-Rama 2018? Here’s a video reminder.
The same weekend features these events. Click for more info: