A Vining Street household reported smelling the telltale odor of natural gas. And when Consumers Energy investigated, their suspicions were confirmed as CE’s sensors indicated its presence. That began a process of identifying the source of the leak. You can see this work progressing in the accompanying photo taken on Friday, August 30. There is some irony to the situation. Some Clark Lakers will remember the laundromat that once stood in that area a number of years ago. It met a sudden demise possibly from a similar problem that went unchecked.
Those attempting to access Lions Park or the Spirit Trail from Vining Street (off of Hyde Road) may find some equipment partially blocking their destination.