View Clark Lake from the Ocean Beach dam 24/7.
2018 Events (also links to 2017 coverage) at Clark Lake
Note: To review stories, photos and videos of an event, click on the link. As new information for 2018 becomes available, the link will take you to it. Some 2018 dates may be subject to change.
- Polar Plunge at Eagle Point – Saturday, January 27 (click here for the fundraiser website)
- Clark Lake Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 31 at Lions Park
- Spirit Trail Cleanup, Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Garden Angels Plant and Bake Sale, Saturday, May 5, 9 am – 2 pm Community Center
- Ladies Night Out at the Beach Bar, cancelled
- Memorial Day Parade, Hyde Road (assemble 7:30 – 8 am at old school), Monday, May 28, 8:30 am
- Blessing of the Spirit Trail, County Park, Sunday, June 10 at 10 am
- First Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, June 25
- Painting at the Lake, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, June 30, 6 pm – 8 pm (2017)
- Independence Day Fireworks and Luminaries, Beach & Boat Club, July 3; Luminaries, July 4; Menard’s, July 7
- Learn to Sail Classes, Clark Lake Yacht Club, July 8, 22, 29
- Rebel Nationals, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, July 14 through Sunday, July 16 (2017)
- Clark Lake Triathlon and Duathlon, Beach and Boat Club, Sunday, July 15, 2018
- Great American Crab Races, Beach Bar, Sunday through Tuesday, July 15, 16, 17
- Second Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, July 23
- Kids Triathlon, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, July 28
- Run Clark Lake, Ocean Beach Road, Saturday, August 4
- Raft-O-Rama, Sunday, August 5
- Beerfest to support the Spirit Trail, Saturday, August 12, noon – 4 pm, Pointe Bar & Grill (no Beerfest anticipated in 2018)
- Third Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, August 13
- Fourth Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, September 4
- Fall Regatta, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23
- Harvest Moon Party (Clark Lake Community Center benefit), at Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, October 14, 6 pm (2017 date, not expected for 2018)
- Ladies Wine Swap – Thursday, December 14, 2017 at the Beach Bar
Email additions, deletions or corrections to [email protected]
For the latest updates, scroll down to News and Events
“Like” Clark Lake Spirit on Facebook, and you’ll see a headline pop up on your Facebook newsfeed. Then click for the story, photos and videos.
This website reflects the heart and soul of Clark Lake. New content is added frequently and you’re invited to be part of it! Email your content and comments to [email protected].
For details on the work of the Foundation, please go to “Standing Up for Clark Lake.”
Contributions to the Clark Lake Spirit Foundation are most welcome and can support a number of lake-oriented organizations and this website. Click here to donate through this website or make out the check to “Clark Lake Spirit Foundation”, noting what it is to benefit, and mail to PO Box 224, Clarklake, MI 49234. The Foundation is a 501c3 and donations are tax-advantaged.
As the afternoon progressed, the sun appeared, reassuring all at the lake that it had been up there all the time. And when the sun made its departure for the day, it left behind a reminder that Clark Lake excels when it comes to sunsets. The first two photos were...read more
Chris Kudner told the Columbia Township Board of Trustees that he is delivering a petition of 100 people who support the legal use of golf carts at Clark Lake. Acknowledging safety concerns, he suggested a compromise. Police Chief David Elwell has a different view. ...read more
Clark Lake residents and the chair of the Columbia Township Planning Commission expressed opposition to a proposed ordinance that would limit what you can have in your yard. Watch the video below to see why they told the Columbia Township trustees that section 20.11...read more
As previously reported on this website, Columbia Township has proposed a new ordinance (20.11) that would govern residential outdoor living areas or ROLA. Why is this relevant to property owners? This new law, if passed, will significantly change what you can have...read more
Clark Lake has lost one of its own. Dorothy Lyons passed away yesterday. Dorothy's life long love affair with Clark Lake began just three weeks after she was born. That's when her feet touched our waters, as she explained in her My Clark Lake Story on this website. ...read more
If you've been on the Spirit Trail recently, you may have noticed the barriers have a fresh coat of paint. These barriers are required by the state to prevent motorized vehicles from entering. Clark Lake Good Guy Awards go to Bob Lajdziak and Tucker Boyers. Bob...read more