View Clark Lake from the Ocean Beach dam 24/7.
2018 Events (also links to 2017 coverage) at Clark Lake
Note: To review stories, photos and videos of an event, click on the link. As new information for 2018 becomes available, the link will take you to it. Some 2018 dates may be subject to change.
- Polar Plunge at Eagle Point – Saturday, January 27 (click here for the fundraiser website)
- Clark Lake Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 31 at Lions Park
- Spirit Trail Cleanup, Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Garden Angels Plant and Bake Sale, Saturday, May 5, 9 am – 2 pm Community Center
- Ladies Night Out at the Beach Bar, cancelled
- Memorial Day Parade, Hyde Road (assemble 7:30 – 8 am at old school), Monday, May 28, 8:30 am
- Blessing of the Spirit Trail, County Park, Sunday, June 10 at 10 am
- First Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, June 25
- Painting at the Lake, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, June 30, 6 pm – 8 pm (2017)
- Independence Day Fireworks and Luminaries, Beach & Boat Club, July 3; Luminaries, July 4; Menard’s, July 7
- Learn to Sail Classes, Clark Lake Yacht Club, July 8, 22, 29
- Rebel Nationals, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, July 14 through Sunday, July 16 (2017)
- Great American Crab Races, Beach Bar, Sunday through Tuesday, July 15, 16, 17 (2018 dates are tentative)
- Second Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, July 23
- Kids Triathlon, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, July 28
- Run Clark Lake, Ocean Beach Road, Saturday, August 4
- Raft-O-Rama, Sunday, August 5
- Beerfest to support the Spirit Trail, Saturday, August 12, noon – 4 pm, Pointe Bar & Grill (no Beerfest anticipated in 2018)
- Third Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, August 13
- Fourth Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, September 4
- Fall Regatta, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23
- Harvest Moon Party (Clark Lake Community Center benefit), at Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, October 14, 6 pm (2017 date, not expected for 2018)
- Ladies Wine Swap – Thursday, December 14, 2017 at the Beach Bar
Email additions, deletions or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest updates, scroll down to News and Events
“Like” Clark Lake Spirit on Facebook, and you’ll see a headline pop up on your Facebook newsfeed. Then click for the story, photos and videos.
This website reflects the heart and soul of Clark Lake. New content is added frequently and you’re invited to be part of it! Email your content and comments to email@example.com.
For details on the work of the Foundation, please go to “Standing Up for Clark Lake.”
Contributions to the Clark Lake Spirit Foundation are most welcome and can support a number of lake-oriented organizations and this website. Click here to donate through this website or make out the check to “Clark Lake Spirit Foundation”, noting what it is to benefit, and mail to PO Box 224, Clarklake, MI 49234. The Foundation is a 501c3 and donations are tax-advantaged.
The Raft-o-Rama Committee was hard at work this evening preparing for this years July 4th celebration at Clark Lake. As in the past, Clark Lakers line the shore with the luminaries creating an awesome effect. As Joe...read more
Country music fans will converge upon our area for Faster Horses scheduled for Friday through Sunday, July 20, 21, 22. Police agencies see the biggest traffic crush on Thursday as spectators stream into the MIS campgrounds. Michigan State Police will have troopers at...read more
Responding to public angst over the sewer rate increase, Columbia Township trustees will hold an informational meeting to respond. At Clark Lake, rates will go up 49% in July. At the meeting, trustees will hear comments from the public, answer questions, and give...read more
This website sought answers about the 49% increase in Clark Lake sewer bills. This article probes two Columbia Township elected officials who are intimately familiar with the history and current state of Clark Lake's sewer system. In a two-hour session on Thursday,...read more
This evening (Tuesday) two men in the County park exchanged heated words. Next, the fight. The two confronted each other and fought at the scene near where two vehicles had come to rest as you will see in this video. ...read more
August 7th, residents will be asked to vote on a property tax increase to support Jackson County parks, including the park at the east end of Clark Lake. In this 90 second video below, you'll hear Parks Director Jeff Hovarter explain why he believes this request is...read more