View Clark Lake from the Ocean Beach dam 24/7.
2018 Events (also links to 2017 coverage) at Clark Lake
Note: To review stories, photos and videos of an event, click on the link. As new information for 2018 becomes available, the link will take you to it. Some 2018 dates may be subject to change.
- Polar Plunge at Eagle Point – Saturday, January 27 (click here for the fundraiser website)
- Clark Lake Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 31 at Lions Park
- Spirit Trail Cleanup, Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Garden Angels Plant and Bake Sale, Saturday, May 5, 9 am – 2 pm Community Center
- Ladies Night Out at the Beach Bar, cancelled
- Memorial Day Parade, Hyde Road (assemble 7:30 – 8 am at old school), Monday, May 28, 8:30 am
- Blessing of the Spirit Trail, County Park, Sunday, June 10 at 10 am
- First Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, June 25
- Painting at the Lake, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, June 30, 6 pm – 8 pm (2017)
- Independence Day Fireworks and Luminaries, Beach & Boat Club, July 3; Luminaries, July 4; Menard’s, July 7
- Learn to Sail Classes, Clark Lake Yacht Club, July 8, 22, 29
- Rebel Nationals, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, July 14 through Sunday, July 16 (2017)
- Clark Lake Triathlon and Duathlon, Beach and Boat Club, Sunday, July 15, 2018
- Great American Crab Races, Beach Bar, Sunday through Tuesday, July 15, 16, 17
- Second Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, July 23
- Kids Triathlon, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, July 28
- Run Clark Lake, Ocean Beach Road, Saturday, August 4
- Raft-O-Rama, Sunday, August 5
- Beerfest to support the Spirit Trail, Saturday, August 12, noon – 4 pm, Pointe Bar & Grill (no Beerfest anticipated in 2018)
- Third Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, August 13
- Fourth Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, September 4
- Fall Regatta, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23
- Harvest Moon Party (Clark Lake Community Center benefit), at Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, October 14, 6 pm (2017 date, not expected for 2018)
- Ladies Wine Swap – Thursday, December 14, 2017 at the Beach Bar
Email additions, deletions or corrections to [email protected]
For the latest updates, scroll down to News and Events
“Like” Clark Lake Spirit on Facebook, and you’ll see a headline pop up on your Facebook newsfeed. Then click for the story, photos and videos.
This website reflects the heart and soul of Clark Lake. New content is added frequently and you’re invited to be part of it! Email your content and comments to [email protected].
For details on the work of the Foundation, please go to “Standing Up for Clark Lake.”
Contributions to the Clark Lake Spirit Foundation are most welcome and can support a number of lake-oriented organizations and this website. Click here to donate through this website or make out the check to “Clark Lake Spirit Foundation”, noting what it is to benefit, and mail to PO Box 224, Clarklake, MI 49234. The Foundation is a 501c3 and donations are tax-advantaged.
As reported yesterday afternoon on this website, traffic was blocked on Jefferson Road, just east of the Eagle Point intersection because of a three car collision. According to Columbia Township Police, one driver was taken to Henry Ford Allegiance for treatment of...read more
In its usual position at this time of day, the sun hung above the west end of the lake. Would there be a giant hiss when this ball of solar energy touched the damp, swampy area just west of Hyde Road? No. It was eaten by a cloud before that happened. But until it...read more
Please welcome Dr. Jeffrey Jacobs and Brooklyn Family Dentistry as a new sponsor to this website. Jeff Jacobs grew up in suburban Detroit. But when it came to launching his career, he yearned for a life where the pace was more manageable, where lengthy commutes and...read more
The Mary Reynolds Spirit of Clark Lake Award recognizes individuals or families who have contributed to the quality of life at Clark Lake. This year the annual award went to Rick Belcher. The plaque is created each year by Mary Reynold’s daughter, Joey Reynolds...read more
Every day at the lake is a good one, but this Raft-O-Rama Sunday was particularly excellent. Temperatures soared to 90, and what better place to be? Apparently many agreed Clark Lake was it, based on the turn-out for Raft-O-Rama. Before reviewing the winners and...read more
Bright sunshine brought out runners and spectators alike at today's Run Clark. The turnout was strong--almost 800 competitors, about 100 more than last year, and the crowd was supercharged. Before you take the deep dive into photos and results, check out this...read more