View Clark Lake from the Ocean Beach dam 24/7.
2018 Events (& links to 2017 coverage) at Clark Lake
Note: To review stories, photos and videos of an event, click on the link. As new information for 2018 becomes available, the link will take you to it. Some 2018 dates may be subject to change.
- Polar Plunge at Eagle Point – Saturday, January 27 (click here for the fundraiser website)
- Spirit Trail Cleanup, Saturday, March 24, 9 am – meet at County Park, Ocean Beach Road
- Ladies Night Out at the Beach Bar, Thursday, May 24, 6 pm
- Memorial Day Parade, Hyde Road (assemble 7:30 – 8 am at old school), Monday, May 28, 8:30 am
- Blessing of the Spirit Trail, County Park, Sunday, June 24 at 10 am
- First Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, June 25
- Painting at the Lake, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, June 30, 6 pm – 8 pm (2017)
- Independence Day Fireworks and Luminaries Luminaries & individuals -2018 dates not set yet
- Learn to Sail Classes, Clark Lake Yacht Club, July 8, 22, 29
- Rebel Nationals, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, July 14 through Sunday, July 16 (2017)
- Great American Crab Races, Beach Bar, Sunday through Tuesday, July 15, 16, 17 (2018 dates are tentative)
- Second Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, July 23
- Kids Triathlon, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, July 28
- Run Clark Lake, Ocean Beach Road, Saturday, August 4
- Raft-O-Rama, Sunday, August 5
- Beerfest to support the Spirit Trail, Saturday, August 12, noon – 4 pm, Pointe Bar & Grill (no Beerfest anticipated in 2018)
- Third Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, August 13
- Fourth Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, September 4
- Fall Regatta, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23
- Harvest Moon Party (Clark Lake Community Center benefit), at Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, October 14, 6 pm (2017 date, not expected for 2018)
- Ladies Wine Swap – Thursday, December 14, 2017 at the Beach Bar
Email additions, deletions or corrections to email@example.com.
–For the latest updates, scroll down to News and Events–
“Like” Clark Lake Spirit on Facebook, and you’ll see a headline pop up on your Facebook newsfeed. Then click for the story, photos and videos.
This website reflects the heart and soul of Clark Lake. New content is added frequently and you’re invited to be part of it! Email your content and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details on the work of the Foundation, please go to “Standing Up for Clark Lake.”
Contributions to the Clark Lake Spirit Foundation are most welcome and can support a number of lake-oriented organizations and this website. Click here to donate through this website or make out the check to “Clark Lake Spirit Foundation”, noting what it is to benefit, and mail to PO Box 224, Clarklake, MI 49234. The Foundation is a 501c3 and donations are tax-advantaged.
For a quarter-century, players have competed to be longboard champs in the Clark Lake Shuffleboard League. During the season, the competitors meet every Thursday evening. The 2018 Championship Playoffs took place Saturday, March 10, at the Beach Bar. This super...read more
Andy Willbee took advantage of the calm this morning to put in his dock. Was it cold? "Not that bad," said Andy. Really? With temperatures in the 20s last night, a thin layer of ice once again formed over much the lake. But that didn't slow down Andy--or his dog. ...read more
Is this a look at a mountain range from 30,000 feet, or something else? It's something else--waves at sunset at Clark Lake. The breeze was stiff at sunset--enough to cause a shiver, but not enough to cause whitecaps. Tonight's sunset below, as the sun disappeared...read more
Those awaking at Clark Lake this morning got a reminder that spring is not quite here. Most of the lake surface was covered with new ice. But, the grasp of winter is weakening. Somewhat warmer weather is on the horizon. This afternoon the ice was breaking...read more
Early Sunday (March 11), clocks go forward one hour as Daylight Savings Time takes effect once again. The topic always starts discussions and is sometimes controversial. A past proposal in Michigan would be to keep the state on Standard Time all year. Florida is...read more
Final touches are taking place on a major rebuild of our website. As a result, security, reliability and mobile-friendliness have all improved. You can now search any article based on keywords (look for the magnifying glass). The appearance and functionality have...read more