Videos to watch
Christmas 2018 – Raft-O-Rama
Thanksgiving 2018 – Sponsors
Clark Lake 2018 – Fall Flight 49234
Clark Lake 2017 – Four seasons in 15 minutes
Thanksgiving – 2017 Being thankful for Clark Lake (2 minutes)
Veterans at Clark Lake – Veterans tell you their own story (16 minutes)
Andy Scott’s Video – First published on Christmas Eve 2015, it includes two years of Clark Lake in action
View Clark Lake from the Ocean Beach dam 24/7.
2019 Events (also links to 2018 coverage) at Clark Lake
Note: To review stories, photos and videos of an event, click on the link. As new information for 2019 becomes available, the link will take you to it. Some 2019 dates may be subject to change.
- Polar Plunge at Eagle Point – Saturday, January 26, 2019 (click here for the fundraiser website)
- Clarklake Community Church Annual Chili Cookoff, Saturday, March 2, 2019
- Spirit Trail Cleanup, Saturday, March 23, 2019, County Park
- Learn to Sail, Yacht Club, April 16, 2019 (click for several more)
- Clark Lake Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, April 20, 2019, 2 pm at Lions Park
- Clark Lake Lions Annual Cash Bash, Brooklyn American Legion, Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Boaters Safety Course, Yacht Club, Saturday, May 11, 2019
- Ladies Night Out, Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 6:30 pm – 9 pm at the Beach Bar – click for advance tickets
- Memorial Day Parade, Hyde Road (assemble 7:30 – 8 am at old school), Monday, May 27, 2019, 8:30 am
- Blessing of the Spirit Trail, County Park, Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 10 am
- Independence Day Fireworks and Luminaries, Menard’s, Saturday, July 6, 2019
- Mahalak Fireworks planned, Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Great American Crab Races, Beach Bar, Sunday through Tuesday, July 14, 15, 16, 2019
- Kids Triathlon, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, July 27, 2019
- Run Clark Lake, Ocean Beach Road, Saturday, August 3, 2019
- Raft-O-Rama, Sunday, August 4, 2019
- Fall Regatta, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23, 2018
- Harvest Moon Party (Clark Lake Community Center benefit), at Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, October 14, 6 pm (2017 date, not expected for 2018)
Email additions, deletions or corrections to [email protected]
For the latest updates, scroll down to News and Events
“Like” Clark Lake Spirit on Facebook, and you’ll see a headline pop up on your Facebook newsfeed. Then click for the story, photos and videos.
This website reflects the heart and soul of Clark Lake. New content is added frequently and you’re invited to be part of it! Email your content and comments to [email protected].
For details on the work of the Foundation, please go to “Standing Up for Clark Lake.”
Contributions to the Clark Lake Spirit Foundation are most welcome and can support a number of lake-oriented organizations and this website. Click here to donate through this website or make out the check to “Clark Lake Spirit Foundation”, noting what it is to benefit, and mail to PO Box 224, Clarklake, MI 49234. The Foundation is a 501c3 and donations are tax-advantaged.
PLM plans to go forward with weed treatment at Clark Lake tomorrow, Tuesday, May 21. They will post a notice on lawns along the entire shoreline. This will be the same posting as mailed to lakefront property owners---and also seen below in previous and...read more
During her life, Kay Vermeulen Nichol's water skiing accomplishments were nothing short of monumental. Yesterday, she was inducted into the Michigan Water Ski Hall of Fame. She joins the ranks of other champions, including her brother, Lynn...read more
PLM plans to check Clark Lake for thermocline tomorrow (Saturday) and Monday. Getting good results for the treatment depends on a pronounced thermocline---the difference in temperature of the top layer of water (10 to 20 feet) to deeper water. If...read more
What's a Lift Monster? Clark Lake, and surrounding lakes, now has one. It has become a necessary tool, says B.J. Lyons. “Boats on our lakes are larger and heavier requiring lifts that are up to the task. Some lifts must cradle up to 12,000...read more
Clark Lake's sunset glory is not limited to any season. But as summer approaches, we are headed to seeing more frequent renditions of evening awesomeness. Check out the slide show below of some of May's best. Photos: Rick...read more
Treatment of Clark Lake's invasive weeds has been delayed again. Cooler weather is the culprit. According to PLM's Steve Hanson, a substantial thermocline has yet to develop. A favorable thermocline is where the top layer of water, 10 to 20 feet deep,...read more