View Clark Lake from the Ocean Beach dam 24/7.
2018 Events (also links to 2017 coverage) at Clark Lake
Note: To review stories, photos and videos of an event, click on the link. As new information for 2018 becomes available, the link will take you to it. Some 2018 dates may be subject to change.
- Polar Plunge at Eagle Point – Saturday, January 27 (click here for the fundraiser website)
- Clark Lake Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 31 at Lions Park
- Spirit Trail Cleanup, Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Garden Angels Plant and Bake Sale, Saturday, May 5, 9 am – 2 pm Community Center
- Ladies Night Out at the Beach Bar, cancelled
- Memorial Day Parade, Hyde Road (assemble 7:30 – 8 am at old school), Monday, May 28, 8:30 am
- Blessing of the Spirit Trail, County Park, Sunday, June 10 at 10 am
- First Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, June 25
- Painting at the Lake, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, June 30, 6 pm – 8 pm (2017)
- Independence Day Fireworks and Luminaries, Beach & Boat Club, July 3; Luminaries, July 4; Menard’s, July 7
- Learn to Sail Classes, Clark Lake Yacht Club, July 8, 22, 29
- Rebel Nationals, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, July 14 through Sunday, July 16 (2017)
- Clark Lake Triathlon and Duathlon, Beach and Boat Club, Sunday, July 15, 2018
- Great American Crab Races, Beach Bar, Sunday through Tuesday, July 15, 16, 17
- Second Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, July 23
- Kids Triathlon, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, July 28
- Run Clark Lake, Ocean Beach Road, Saturday, August 4
- Raft-O-Rama, Sunday, August 5
- Beerfest to support the Spirit Trail, Saturday, August 12, noon – 4 pm, Pointe Bar & Grill (no Beerfest anticipated in 2018)
- Third Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, August 13
- Fourth Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, September 4
- Fall Regatta, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23
- Harvest Moon Party (Clark Lake Community Center benefit), at Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, October 14, 6 pm (2017 date, not expected for 2018)
- Ladies Wine Swap – Thursday, December 14, 2017 at the Beach Bar
Email additions, deletions or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest updates, scroll down to News and Events
“Like” Clark Lake Spirit on Facebook, and you’ll see a headline pop up on your Facebook newsfeed. Then click for the story, photos and videos.
This website reflects the heart and soul of Clark Lake. New content is added frequently and you’re invited to be part of it! Email your content and comments to email@example.com.
For details on the work of the Foundation, please go to “Standing Up for Clark Lake.”
Contributions to the Clark Lake Spirit Foundation are most welcome and can support a number of lake-oriented organizations and this website. Click here to donate through this website or make out the check to “Clark Lake Spirit Foundation”, noting what it is to benefit, and mail to PO Box 224, Clarklake, MI 49234. The Foundation is a 501c3 and donations are tax-advantaged.
On June 11th, this website reported the news that the County Parks will be asking for a property tax increase. Below is a hand-out from the Parks describing why they are motivated to increase taxes. Bill Leutz, a Clark Lake resident, reacts. To read his comments in...read more
The three heats stoked the flames for the final competition tonight at the Great American Crab Races. Below watch the crabs do their thing, and the winners grab their cash. Here are the winners for the 27th running of...read more
It will be about the thrill of victory and fun for all for this year's Kids Triathlon. The competition begins with a swim, followed by the bike ride, and then, the run. Kids, 12 and under, will complete for the gold, bronze and silver medals. The event takes...read more
Clark Lakers are noticing permanently parked bikes at various locations around the Spirit Trail. And not just any bikes. These bikes have been painted and decorated for effect. The idea started when sisters Tricia Boyers and Annette Fink were in Florida escaping a...read more
This annual event takes place Sunday, July 15, at the Clarklake Beach and Boat Club. The Triathlon consists of a half-mile swim, 13.5 mile bike ride and 4.25 mile run. The Duathlon includes a 2 mile run, 13.5 bike ride, and 4.25 mile run. For sign up and other...read more
Preparing your entry for Raft-O-Rama? Here are the Ten Things You Need to Know! It's from the people who put Raft-O-Rama together. Graphics by Dotty...read more