Videos to watch
Making the Move – Graziani Cottage
Christmas 2018 – Raft-O-Rama
Thanksgiving 2018 – Sponsors
Fall Flight 49234 – 2018
Clark Lake 2017 – Four seasons in 15 minutes
Thanksgiving – 2017 Being thankful for Clark Lake (2 minutes)
Veterans at Clark Lake – Veterans tell you their own story (16 minutes)
Andy Scott’s Video – First published on Christmas Eve 2015, it includes two years of Clark Lake in action
View Clark Lake from the Ocean Beach dam 24/7.
2019 Events (also links to 2018 coverage) at Clark Lake
Note: To review stories, photos and videos of an event, click on the link. As new information for 2019 becomes available, the link will take you to it. Some 2019 dates may be subject to change.
- Polar Plunge at Eagle Point – Saturday, January 26, 2019 (click here for the fundraiser website)
- Clarklake Community Church Annual Chili Cookoff, Saturday, March 2, 2019
- Spirit Trail Cleanup, Saturday, March 23, 2019, County Park
- Learn to Sail, Yacht Club, April 16, 2019 (click for several more)
- Clark Lake Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, April 20, 2019, 2 pm at Lions Park
- Boaters Safety Course, Yacht Club, Saturday, May 11, 2019
- Ladies Night Out, Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 6:30 pm – 9 pm at the Beach Bar
- Memorial Day Parade, Hyde Road (assemble 7:30 – 8 am at old school), Monday, May 27, 2019, 8:30 am
- Blessing of the Spirit Trail, County Park, Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 10 am
- Independence Day Fireworks and Luminaries, Menard’s, Saturday, July 6, 2019; Luminaries on Thursday, July 4th
- Mahalak Fireworks, Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Great American Crab Races, Beach Bar, Sunday through Tuesday, July 14, 15, 16, 2019
- Kids Triathlon, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, July 27, 2019
- Run Clark Lake, Ocean Beach Road, Saturday, August 3, 2019
- Raft-O-Rama, Sunday, August 4, 2019
- Fall Regatta, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23, 2018
- Harvest Moon Party (Clark Lake Community Center benefit), at Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, October 12, 5:30 pm
Email additions, deletions or corrections to [email protected]
For the latest updates, scroll down to News and Events
“Like” Clark Lake Spirit on Facebook, and you’ll see a headline pop up on your Facebook newsfeed. Then click for the story, photos and videos.
This website reflects the heart and soul of Clark Lake. New content is added frequently and you’re invited to be part of it! Email your content and comments to [email protected].
For details on the work of the Foundation, please go to “Standing Up for Clark Lake.”
Contributions to the Clark Lake Spirit Foundation are most welcome and can support a number of lake-oriented organizations and this website. Click here to donate through this website or make out the check to “Clark Lake Spirit Foundation”, noting what it is to benefit, and mail to PO Box 224, Clarklake, MI 49234. The Foundation is a 501c3 and donations are tax-advantaged.
After a day of unsettled weather, Clark Lake settled in for an evening with both a touch of fall and touch of summer. The sunset created a magic backdrop for a kayak ride, as this group looked forward to the Friday the 13th full moon. Tricia Boyers,...
Mounting concern over the discovery of starry stonewort in Clark Lake is motivating further investigation and treatment. PLM, the company employed to rid the lake of invasive species, has treated the area where it was first detected near the County Park. ...
A Jackson County plan is underway to establish additional trails and to connect existing ones. The Region 2 Jackson City-County Non-Motorized Plan is being managed by an Ann Arbor firm . The Greenway Collaborative has held several public meetings, including a...
Over many years, artists have rendered their view of Clark Lake through various media---murals, oil and water color, and photography. A new representation of Clark Lake is about to happen. And this one could be the largest yet. By now, you have likely...
This Fall message from the Clark Lake Community Center is by John Karkheck, president. Well, where did the summer go? It’s like we just looked up to find it gone, and we were hoping it would last longer since it started late. In spite of that, it was another great...
If you had the option of ordering a weather forecast for the Labor Day weekend, what was delivered on Sunday would be returned for a refund. Nonetheless, many at Clark Lake made the best of it. It was Ellen Searles 30th birthday. Now living in...