View Clark Lake from the Ocean Beach dam 24/7.
2018 Events (also links to 2017 coverage) at Clark Lake
Note: To review stories, photos and videos of an event, click on the link. As new information for 2018 becomes available, the link will take you to it. Some 2018 dates may be subject to change.
- Polar Plunge at Eagle Point – Saturday, January 27 (click here for the fundraiser website)
- Clark Lake Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 31 at Lions Park
- Spirit Trail Cleanup, Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Garden Angels Plant and Bake Sale, Saturday, May 5, 9 am – 2 pm Community Center
- Ladies Night Out at the Beach Bar, cancelled
- Memorial Day Parade, Hyde Road (assemble 7:30 – 8 am at old school), Monday, May 28, 8:30 am
- Blessing of the Spirit Trail, County Park, Sunday, June 10 at 10 am
- First Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, June 25
- Painting at the Lake, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, June 30, 6 pm – 8 pm (2017)
- Independence Day Fireworks and Luminaries Luminaries & individuals -2018 dates not set yet
- Learn to Sail Classes, Clark Lake Yacht Club, July 8, 22, 29
- Rebel Nationals, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Friday, July 14 through Sunday, July 16 (2017)
- Great American Crab Races, Beach Bar, Sunday through Tuesday, July 15, 16, 17 (2018 dates are tentative)
- Second Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, July 23
- Kids Triathlon, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, July 28
- Run Clark Lake, Ocean Beach Road, Saturday, August 4
- Raft-O-Rama, Sunday, August 5
- Beerfest to support the Spirit Trail, Saturday, August 12, noon – 4 pm, Pointe Bar & Grill (no Beerfest anticipated in 2018)
- Third Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, August 13
- Fourth Open Sail, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Sunday, September 4
- Fall Regatta, Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday-Sunday, September 22-23
- Harvest Moon Party (Clark Lake Community Center benefit), at Clark Lake Yacht Club, Saturday, October 14, 6 pm (2017 date, not expected for 2018)
- Ladies Wine Swap – Thursday, December 14, 2017 at the Beach Bar
Email additions, deletions or corrections to email@example.com.
For the latest updates, scroll down to News and Events
“Like” Clark Lake Spirit on Facebook, and you’ll see a headline pop up on your Facebook newsfeed. Then click for the story, photos and videos.
This website reflects the heart and soul of Clark Lake. New content is added frequently and you’re invited to be part of it! Email your content and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details on the work of the Foundation, please go to “Standing Up for Clark Lake.”
Contributions to the Clark Lake Spirit Foundation are most welcome and can support a number of lake-oriented organizations and this website. Click here to donate through this website or make out the check to “Clark Lake Spirit Foundation”, noting what it is to benefit, and mail to PO Box 224, Clarklake, MI 49234. The Foundation is a 501c3 and donations are tax-advantaged.
Crews are working on bringing green to the area around the overflow. This is part of the Dam Strong project. View from the DamCam A major part of the project is complete--the rebuilding the south shoulder. Prior to the reconstruction, weakness threatened the...read more
The Columbia Township Police Department has issued this advisory: "The Columbia Township Police Department is currently investigating a home invasion that occurred on Santa Monica at Vineyard Lake. "The elderly resident called a friend to report the incident, who in...read more
Carp swimming in the dam basin are easy prey, if you're good with a bow and arrow. In this video, see how it's done. Video: Rick Belcher Carp are an invasive species and one of their targets is Clark Lake. They swim...read more
Big progress was made today toward finishing the Dam Strong project. The area was surveyed for the laying of a concrete apron around the dam basin that will slow down dirt and other debris from filling the basin. The area for four cement platforms to support Spirit...read more
Work is proceeding on the next phase of the Dam Strong project. Concrete will be laid around the dam to cut down on dirt and other debris that might find its way to the basin. Four concrete pads are being created that Spirit Trail benches will rest upon. A crew from...read more
This May 15th evening, Clark Lake delivered another feast for the eyes. On its way west, the sun left changing impressions. Starting with earlier and going to later, here are some of them. Photos: Rick Belcher After a day of fearlessly watching carp trying jump the...read more